Monday 3 September 2012

Can't get enough of blue....

My last finished project, preloved display unit in blue. I just can't get enough of this colour! The other one that found a new home already was painted in the same colour. I decided  that this one will be the same.
I mixed chalk paint with 'ocean blue' and 'marine blue' pigments. Love the look and I'm very happy with how it turned out!




                                    I wanted it to look like a provence style piece of furniture.


                                                        Lightly distressed






                                                      Lovely carving details




                                      Inside of the cabinet painted in antique white.




                                               French vintage label graphic on the door.
                                    Graphic comes from Karen from The Graphic Fairy.
                              I'm joining Handmade Monday , pop over and have a look!
                                         And also Polkadot-Pretties Linky party!

16 comments:

  1. Love it! You did a beautiful job!!! I am a big fan of this color too! It is on my front door, shutters and throughout my home in splashes. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
    Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathlene, I bet it look stunning on the front door and shutters!
      You should post some pictures on your blog!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is beautiful, I love blue with white walls something very French

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely gorgeous and you have now given me a dilemma! I have a piece of old furniture I was going to paint white and distress (to match another piece I have) but as I was reading your post I was wondering whether to paint it blue (I love blue). You've definitely got the Provence look spot on there! Welcome to Handmade Monday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, yes! paint it blue! ;) It looks amazing with white pieces as well. I think I'm addicted to it now, every piece of furniture I have in mind for a makeover want to be blue!

      Delete
  4. I would never think of using blue to paint furniture. It looks beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali, that is what I thought before painting first piece of furniture blue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely gorgeous! Wish I had a big enough house to fit something like it in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mine is small as well but i managed somehow ;)

      Delete
  7. Love what you've done with the cupboard. Your blog is very cooL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Admiring your sewing skills too!

      Delete
  8. the colour is stunning! this would be such a fun piece of furniture to own :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I'm getting addicted to that colour! :)

      Delete
  9. I love painted furniture and think that piece looks great in blue.

    ReplyDelete